Custard Apple & Raspberry Crumble Muffins
- 30 mins
- 30 mins
- A little time and effort
Snacks, Muffins & Cakes
Keen to get the kids involved in the kitchen? These custard apple and raspberry muffins are a treat the whole family will and are incredibly easy to make too!
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- 80g butter, melted
- 2 free-range eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 cup roughly mashed ripe custard apple flesh (about 1 large custard apple)
- 125g raspberries
- ½ cup self-raising flour
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 40g butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Line 10 x 1/2 cup holes in a muffin pan with paper cases.
- To make the crumble topping, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix until well combined. Set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a large bowl. Stir in caster sugar. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients.
- Combine melted butter, eggs, milk and custard apple flesh in a large jug. Mix until well combined. Add the mixture to the dry ingredients. Add half of the raspberries and using a large metal spoon, mix until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle each with the remaining raspberries and the crumble topping. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Credit: Recipe by Fresh Kids