Custard Apple Ice Blocks
- 20 mins
- 8 hrs
- A little time and effort
While the weather's still warm, it's the perfect time to make custard apple ice blocks! Their creamy texture and natural sweetness makes them the perfect ice block ingredient.
- 280mls water
- ¾ cup caster sugar (170 grams)
- 350 grams ripe custard apple flesh (approximately 1 custard apple)
- 120 mls passion fruit pulp (no seeds)
- 120 mls coconut cream
- Make up sugar syrup by placing water and sugar in a small saucepan and bringing to the boil. Stir to dissolve sugar then turn off heat and leave to cool.
- Blend custard apple in a processor until completely smooth, and then mix blended custard apple with half of the sugar syrup.
- Evenly spoon custard apple mixture into eight 100ml ice block moulds.
- Insert ice block sticks and then freeze moulds for four hours.
- Mix 120mls passion fruit pulp with 3 tablespoons (45 mls) of the remaining sugar syrup and pour into four of the moulds.
- Mix 120mls coconut cream with 3 tablespoons (45 mls) of the remaining sugar syrup and pour into the remaining four moulds.
- Freeze for another four hours.
Credit: Recipe inspired by The Hungry Australian