Custard Apple & Cinnamon Galette
- 20 mins
- 25 mins
- A little time and effort
After some custard apple baking inspiration? Aussie custard apples make for a deliciously sweet and creamy filling for baked goods, just like this custard apple and cinnamon galette tart.
- 1 sheet frozen shortcrust pastry dough
- 1 custard apple
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp full cream milk
- White sugar, for topping
- Ice cream or whipped cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a tray with baking paper.
- Thaw frozen shortcrust pastry sheets for 10 minutes at room temperature then gently fold/pleat the edges over to create a tart shell with high edges. Brush the edges of the dough with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling – Scoop custard apple flesh into a fine mesh sieve over a medium bowl and discard the skin. Stir/press flesh through the sieve to remove any seeds. Add the sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon and stir to combine.
- Remove the baked tart shell from the oven and pour in the custard apple mixture. Return to the oven and continue baking for 5 minutes or until filling has just warmed through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cook for a couple or minutes. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
Credit: Recipe inspired by Eat's with Marie