Custard Apple Berry Muffins
- 20 mins
- 20-30 mins
- A little time and effort
Who's hungry? These light and fluffy custard apple muffins by Dani Stevens are the perfect way to enjoy nature's sweet treat.
Filled with chia seeds, berries and delicious custard apples, they're a simple but tasty snack that will help power you through the day!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 1 chia egg (mix 1 tbs chia seeds with 2.5 tbs water until a gel forms)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk (coconut, soy or almond)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 custard apples, peeled and seeded
- 1 1/2 cups mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat your oven to 200°C
- Line a 12 muffin pan with paper liners or lightly grease the pan.
- In a large bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl mix together the milk, chia egg, coconut oil, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Pour wet into dry and mix until just combined. Don't over mix and add custard apples and berries and lightly fold them in.
- Divide the batter evenly in the prepared muffin tin. Bake 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown and test a muffin with a toothpick to ensure the centre comes out clean. Let cool in the pan.
Credits: Recipe inspired by Dani Stephens - 365 Lifestyle Motivator