Custard Apple, Rum and Coconut Panna Cotta
- 10 mins
- 2-3 hours to set
- A little time and effort
We're so happy that Adam Liaw loves custard apples as much as we do! His custard apple panna cotta is sweet and elegant with an exotic twist.
- 400ml pouring cream
- 400ml coconut milk
- 2 tsp dark rum
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 18g powdered gelatin
- 400ml custard apple pulp and juice
- Toasted coconut and macadamia nuts, to serve
- Place the pouring cream, coconut milk, rum, honey and caster sugar in a saucepan and sprinkle the gelatin over the top. Heat the liquid gently until nearly a simmer, stirring until all the gelatin has dissolved. (To check this, lift your stirring spoon out of the mixture and make sure there are no gelatin granules sticking to it). Allow to cool for 5 minutes and then stir through the custard apple pulp and juice.
- Freeze in individual molds or glasses for at least 2 hours, or until the panna cotta is set.
- To serve, scatter the top of the panna cotta with either toasted coconut or macadamia nuts.