Custard Apple Pineapple Crepes
- 20 mins
- 30 mins
- A little time and effort
This is so worth the creation time! This dessert has a wow factor, beautiful to present at any dinner gathering.
- 150g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 4 eggs
- 250ml milk
- 125ml water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 30g unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 2 tablepoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur (Grand
- Marnier, Cointreau)
- Juice and zest of 1 large orange
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 cup fresh diced pineapple pieces
- 1 Custard Apple (approx 400g wt),
- seeded and broken into segments
To Make Crepes:
- Blend all crepe mixture ingredients together in a blender. Pour into a jug, cover and stand for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a crepe pan (or small frying pan). Grease with a few drops of oil. Add 2 tablespoons of batter to the heated pan. Rotate pan quickly to coat bottom thinly.
- Pour any excess back into jug. Cook until small bubbles appear (about 1 minute). Flip crepe with a spatula and cook for another minute. Repeat until batter is finished.
- Melt the butter in a pan. Add ginger and brown sugar and stir to dissolve. When sugar/butter mixture is bubbling, pour in the orange liqueur. Simmer 30 seconds then pour in the citrus juices and zest. Bring to simmering point. Add the pineapple pieces and simmer for 1 – 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat and stir through the custard apple segments.
- fold each crepe into a triangle and insert a teaspoon of the mixture inside each one. Allow four crepes per person. Spoon remaining warm sauce and fruit over the top.
- Serve with coconut cream.