Custard Apple Parfait
- 20 mins
- Easy peasy
Need some dessert inspiration? You can't go wrong with a simple parfait! Custard apples pair deliciously with vanilla and ginger in this version - the whole family is sure to enjoy it.
- 1 large custard apple
- 300ml carton pouring cream
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 4 Stem Ginger biscuits, crumbled
- Bottle of Salted Caramel Sauce
- Cut the custard apple into quarters. Scoop out flesh and place in a bowl. Discard skin. Remove and discard seeds.
- Beat the cream and vanilla in a medium bowl until soft peaks form.
- Divide ½ of the custard apple among four 185ml (3/4-cup) capacity serving glasses.
- Place ½ the sugar and ½ the biscuits inside the base of each glass.
- Top with ½ of the custard apple mixture, then ½ of the cream mixture.
- Repeat next layer with remaining sugar and biscuits.
- Then repeat next layer with remaining custard apple and cream mixtures.
- Lightly drizzle with salted caramel sauce.
- Chill before serving.
Credits: Recipe inspired by Taste.com.au