Custard Apple and Honey Frozen Yoghurt
- 5 mins
- 2-3 hours to set
- Easy peasy
Looking for a healthy dessert option? Custard apples are low GI and naturally sweet... meaning you won't have to load up on sugary calories. Try this delicious custard apple frozen yoghurt recipe by Adam Liaw.
For the filling:
- 3 cups organic full-cream yoghurt
- 1 cup custard apple pulp and juice (about 1 large custard apple, or you can use frozen pulp)
- 3 tbsp honey
- Line a fine sieve with muslin or a clean tea towel and place it over a large bowl.
- Pour the yoghurt into the muslin and leave in the fridge to strain for at least 2.5 hours but preferably overnight.
- Put the strained yoghurt into another large bowl and mix through the custard apple pulp and honey until well combined.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker for 1 hour and then transfer to the freezer to set for a further 2 hours.
- If you don’t have an ice cream maker, you can just freeze this mixture in a large bowl in the freezer, whipping vigorously with a whisk at 45 minute intervals until it is set (about 3-4 hours).
Credits: Recipe by Adam Liaw - www.adamliaw.com