Custard Apple Fish Sauce
- 15 mins
- 10 mins
- A little time and effort
Condiments & Sauces
A tropical flair to celebrate summer! a vibrant, sweet and tangy fruit sauce.
- 2 minced shallots
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1tbsp butter
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup fish stock (can use chicken stock)
- 1 custard apple, pureed (about 1 and a quarter cups of puree)
- salt and pepper
- 1 small minced chilli (jalepeno) optional
- Saute shallots and garlic in butter.
- Add white wine and cook until reduced to a glaze.
- Add stock and simmer until reduced.
- Stir in custard apple puree and season with salt and pepper.
- Add minced chill if using.
- Heat gently over a low flame until thickened.