Tropical Immunity Smoothie Bowl
- 10 mins
- Easy peasy
Jemma O’Hanlon - Hort Innovation R&D Manager and Dietitian, visits Queensland grower Daniel Jackson’s from Jackson Agricultural Company based in the Glasshouse Mountains and creates a Delicious Tropical Fruit Smoothie Bowl.
- 1 papaya
- 1 custard apple, segmented and seeds removed.
- 2 passionfruit
- 1/2 banana (use the other half for the topping)
- 2-3 tablespoons of coconut yoghurt
- 1 tbsp toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 banana sliced
- 2 tbsp blueberries
- 2 tbsp hazelnuts
- Slice whole papaya in half, scoop out the seeds and throw these away, then remove some extra flesh to create a deeper hollow. Keep the extra flesh
- Place papaya flesh and other smoothie ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth
- Crush hazelnuts lightly in a mortar and pestle
- Pour the smoothie mixture into each of the papaya ‘bowls’, top with sliced banana, fresh blueberries, toasted coconut flakes and crushed hazelnuts
When in season, swap the Australian custard apple for the flesh of 1 Australian mango, or 2 small Australian peaches, nectarines, apricots or plums. Swap coconut yoghurt for regular yoghurt for a protein boost.
Credits: Recipe inspired by Jemma O’Hanlon - Hort Innovation R&D Manager and Dietitian in My Market Kitchen episode 1: Tropical immunity smoothie bowl